* Board Games & Jigsaw Puzzles Find a game you both would enjoy and add an extra touch to the rules when you play…whether it is trading massages or playing a strip version. If you are planning a trip for your significant other, try to find a simple puzzle that becomes a picture of your destination when completed, and make them put the pieces together to guess where you will be going!
* Books Look for something unique to your partner's passions or hobbies and choose a special edition book or comic, romantic novel, romantic book of poetry, beautiful photography coffee table book, or non-fiction based on their personal interests.
* Calendar Make a calendar with a memorable picture for each month and mark all the days that are significant between you, such as your first date, first kiss, birthdays, wedding date, etc.
* Commemorative Newspaper Find an old newspaper from your partner's date of birth or your wedding day. You could have it framed or made into a piece of wall art.
* Journal A fun and romantic gift idea is a couple's journal… you can write love letters back and forth, or document your favorite memories and quotes that only the two of you share. A nice personal journal or beautiful diary is also an excellent gift if your partner is the artistic type who likes to express themselves in writing.
* Love Coupons Love coupons are fun first anniversary gift ideas that can bring you even closer! Find a book of love coupons that promise your significant other materialistic as well as physical things they may desire, such as a night out on the town or an intimate massage. You can also make your own, print them out, and laminate them with very specific choices and wording for each coupon. Get creative and add cute little pictures and playful options.
* Love Letters & Poems Write a love letter or love poem for your significant other. If you are having trouble getting started, try to think of meaningful moments to describe with imagery that your partner will likely remember. Don't worry about being too mushy or playful. Just keep it real and from your heart.
* Magazine Subscription If you partner has a specific hobby or interest, find a magazine that will appeal to that passion. Whether it is fashion, golf, or gardening…you will find something for everyone out there.
* Origami Find or make beautiful origami flowers and animals with special meanings or special messages written inside.
* Paintings & Prints Choose a painting or a framed print of a piece of art that will have significance for your partner, such as the image of a favorite flower or landscape.
* Photographs You can either choose a favorite picture of the two of you….or a photograph or poster of an image that has special meaning for your partner (such as a favorite flower or landscape) and have it framed.
* Post Cards Gather a bunch of postcards for your dream destinations as a couple and work on making the dream a reality.
* Reservations Plan a night out, romantic trip, or experiential gift for the future and present it with a creative and artistic printout of the reservation or itinerary.
* Scrapbook Try to gather all your sentimental items, such as favorite movie stubs, concert tickets, vacation receipts, etc., and photos from the last year and create a scrapbook documenting your relationship or first year of marriage.
* Stationery If your significant other enjoys writing personal thank you notes owns a business, etc., stationary is a great idea! You can get them beautiful stationary or notecards with envelopes, personalized business cards, professional stationary, etc.
* Tickets Choose an event your partner would love and purchase tickets. Be creative, you can buy tickets for everything from vacation flights, sports games, movies, plays, romantic train rides, balloon rides, and music concerts…to festivals that are specific to your partner's interests and passions, such as a food, music, or arts festival.
* Carnation and Pansy Flowers Obviously, flowers are always a sweet and lovely gift.
* Carnation or Pansy Art Find a painting, photograph, or art print that incorporates beautiful carnation or pansy flowers. Or even better, paint one yourself!
* Carnation and Pansy Scents You can find yummy flower scented perfumes and candles to symbolically celebrate this special anniversary!
* For an Extra Touch! Add a card with the special meaning of the carnation and/or pansy flower. The carnation stands for fascination, distinction, and pure love. Let your spouse know that you are endlessly fascinated by how distinct and unique your pure love is! The pansy signifies love and merriment. Let your spouse know their love brings you happiness and merriment you look forward to spending the rest of your days enjoying!
If you really want to send them over the moon, give them more than just a gift. Romantic anniversary ideas like a picnic, vacation, or even something as simple as a bubble bath are great ways to ignite sparks.