Whether you have young kids or teenagers, Gift Ideas Muse has Easter basket ideas that will make your traditions something to look forward to every year!
Get creative! You don't always have to use a traditional basket. Think of something they will use more often, like a backpack, plastic storage bin, or even a sand pail for the kids.
For the girls, you could also give a purse, large jewelry box, cosmetic bag, etc. filled with Easter goodies!
…And for the boys, a sports bag, fishing tackle box, toiletries bag, etc would be more fun than the same old basket.
If you are having an easter egg hunt and want to use traditional baskets to collect the eggs, a fun idea is to hide one of the above alternative "basket ideas" for the game.
Fill it with treats and goodies as the ULTIMATE PRIZE to find or win during the hunt!
Treats, Goodies, & Surprises
What should you fill the basket or other fun item with?
The obvious choices are plastic eggs filled with candy, yummy treats, & money!
Some ideas for fun and healthy yummy food treats are animal crackers, chewy fruit snacks, egg-shaped popcorn balls, fruit, raisins, or rice crispy treats.
You can also create a themed basket based on something the child or teen is really interested in. For instance, you can put together a sports gift basket filled with baseball cards, tickets to a local game, and some apparel from their favorite team! Or you can create an arts & crafts gift basket with age-appropriate art supplies like crayons, markers, watercolors, etc.
Here are even more ideas for younger girls & boys, followed by some items teen girls and guys would enjoy…
For Girls & Boys
* Accessories Cute accessories like bandanas, hats, jewelry, etc are all awesome Easter basket ideas they will put to practical use!
* Book Check out the best-sellers list for awesome new books for kids or choose something from an author they already love.
* Essential Items Items like lip balm and toothpaste are practical ways to fill the basket to the top!
* Fun Games Classic games like chopsticks, frisbee, jacks, jumprope, and Mr. Potato Head still have appeal and are simple and small. Perfect to fit in the basket!
* Fun Stuff To Play With Kids always love and will have hours of fun with baseball cards, bouncy balls, bubbles, coloring books, crayons, flashlights, Legos, Play Doh, small musical instruments (think harmonicas!), Slinkies, stickers, temporary tattoos, and Yo-Yos.
* Piggy Bank A cute lil piggy bank will be the perfect place for them to save up all the Easter and holiday money they collect throughout the year!
* Religious Items Religious gifts are perfect Easter basket ideas for this special occasion! They help to keep the true meaning of the holiday fresh in the youngster's mind. Some great ideas to inspire your search are beautiful wall crosses, art or crosses with inspirational poetry, daily devotion books, religious jewelry, rosaries, small boxes with meaningful words on the top, or christian photo frames.
* Summer Stuff A summer gift basket is a gift that will get the little one ready and excited for summer! Fill the basket with essential items like a beach towel, beach toys, a pail & shovel set, sandals or flip flops, sunglasses, and sunscreen. You could even use a cool beach bag as the actual Easter basket!
* Stuffed Animals Cute bunnies are the top choice for stuffed animal gifts on this holiday, but any fuzzy or cuddly animal will do the trick!
* Zoo Passes Zoo passes are a fun surprise that will inspire memories for the whole family!
For Teen Girls & Guys
* Accessories Everything from jewelry, hats, bandanas, money clips, wallets, socks, change purses, hair clips, etc. are fun little Easter basket ideas to throw in!
* Book Check out the best-sellers list for awesome new books for teens, choose something from an author you know they already love, or get them a how-to book about something they are interested in (music, make-up, art, etc.)
* Concert Tickets Concert tickets will send you teen over the moon with excitement!
* Essential Items For girls, throw in make-up items (eye shadow, lip gloss, blush), nail polish, body spray, perfume, shampoo, conditioner, a hair brush, hair accessories, hairspray, a toothbrush, shaving cream, etc. Choose stuff that shimmers and is glittery! For guys, choose hair products, shaving necessities, a toothbrush, dental floss, an electric razor, cologne, etc.
* Gas Card If the teen is ready for adventure on the road… gas cards are terrific Easter basket ideas!
* Journal A cool journal is the perfect gift for the creative or artistic teen.
* Key Ring A cool key ring is perfect for the house key, and essential for the teen who can finally drive!
* Magazine Subscription Choose a magazine they love to read and get them a free year subscription!
* Music Subscription Or Gift Card Get them a year subscription to an mp3 downloads site like emusic.com, or an itunes or amazon music gift card.
* Religious Items Religious Easter basket ideas are are great for teens too: Beautiful wall crosses, art or crosses with inspirational poetry, daily devotion books, religious jewelry, rosaries, small boxes with meaningful words on the top, christian photo frames, etc will help to remind the teen of the true meaning of this special occasion.
* Sports Gear or Apparel If he or she plays sports or has a favorite team, sports gear or apparel is a perfect gift.
* Summer Stuff Get your teen pumped for summer! Fill the basket with essential items like a beach towel, beach games, volleyball, sandals or flip flops, sunglasses and sunscreen. Use a cool beach bag as the actual Easter basket!