* Art Date Surprise your special lover with a night of shared creativity. You can take this idea of an art date in many directions! Beside the obvious notion of going to a museum, art gallery, or local art show…. how about having a night at home where you paint portraits of each other…. or mold pottery (reminiscent of the Ghost scene) … or take an art class …or… buy edible body paints and use each other as a canvas.
* Aphrodisiac Foods Make your holiday lover a romantic dinner filled with aphrodisiac foods that will set the mood for a yummy sensual dessert after. The top aphrodisiac foods are asparagus, almonds, avocado, bananas, basil, chocolate, figs, garlic, oysters, and honey.
* Bubble Bath Pamper your lover in luxury with a personal bubble bath. Lead them with a trail of rose petals to a surprise bubble bath in beautiful candlelight (with perhaps a few floating candles). … find bath oils, soaps, and lotions in arousing scents and gently bathe and massage them… Play soft music or love songs in the background... and add chocolate and champagne for an extra touch! Don't forget a towel or bathrobe warmed to perfection for a perfect ending!
* Breakfast in Bed Surprises are a great way to create a romantic Christmas! Make your special someone a breakfast of their favorite foods served in the comfort of their bed… followed by a sweet morning of kisses and cuddles!
* Boat Adventure The best romantic Christmas gifts are adventures that create memories together! Surprise your love with a romantic cruise, renting a boat for a weekend, or a sunset sailboat adventure.
* Flower a Day Give your lover a flower a day for the 12 days leading up to Christmas! Hide them in creative places that will surprise them each time.
* Pampering Day Give them a day that is all about them. If you can afford a day at the spa, this is a wonderful treat they will love! If you are on a budget, try creating an at home spa day where you personally give the massage, steam bath, and head rub.
* Picnic One of the best old-fashioned romantic Christmas ideas is a picnic for two in beautiful scenery on a warm sunday afternoon!
* Private Getaway Surprise your love with a romantic getaway in a beautiful Bed & Breakfast or a private log cabin!
* Private Limousine Tell your Christmas lover to get all dressed up for a secret surprise! Have them picked up in a fancy limousine for an evening of luxury! Take them to a theater show or just drive around for a few hours enjoying each other with soft kisses and champagne!
* Recreate Memories Recreate a momentous occasion for your love that the two of you have shared, like your first date or first kiss. Take your love on an adventure down memory lane. Start with going to the place you first met, followed by your first date….followed by a night in the same place you shared your first kiss!
* Some Enchanted Evening Get creative and create a night filled with romance and surprise out on the town or in your own bedroom. Top it off with a stay in the suite or penthouse at one of the best hotels in your city!
* Tickets Choose an event they would love and purchase box or season tickets. Be creative, you can buy tickets for everything from vacation flights, sports games, movies, plays, romantic train rides, balloon rides, & music concerts…to festivals that are specific to their interests and passions, such as a food, music, or arts festival.
* Tropical Vacation If you can afford it, a vacation to a tropical paradise would be a romantic experience and adventure to rekindle your love.
…if you are on a budget, there is no reason this year can't still be special!